Friday, September 25, 2009

Neoregelia Dr Oeser Hybrid x concentrica hybrid

This cross was made with a 'Dr Oeser' hybrid I had kicking around, it had no cultivar name, but looks somewhat similar to Neoregelia 'Bea Hansen'. The pollen parent was one of my mixed parentage Brazilian hybrids, this one with strong concentrica links. Dr Oeser hybrids like the one I used can produce a wide range of seedlings and this was no exception.




Neoregelia 'Exotica Red Devil'
One of my favourites, mainly due to the ridging on the leaves, which some breeders might consider to be a defect, but I like as it adds more texture to the plant. Also the creamy yellow splashes contrast well against the bright red leaves.








Neoregelia 'Exotica Red Goddess'
Although it's very red and glossy looking, this photo doesn't do justice to either the colour or the shape of this lovely cultivar. This is one of my favorite hybrids and the richness of the blood red leaves with tiny green flecks needs to be seen to be believed. It is also a really well formed plant, only reaching about 20cm across, but with beautifully recurved leaves that almost curl right to the bottom of the pot.

No comments:

Post a Comment